Virtual Volunteers Needed!

Have you been looking for a way to get involved in the movement but you don’t live near an organizing city or are unable to physically join a general assembly? Volunteering your time online is a great way to contribute to the movement. There are many different groups that need your virtual help for a vast range of tasks. Visit classifieds.occupy.net regularly to see where help is needed currently.

The Occupy Directory  is one group currently in need of some volunteer support. They’re looking for content curators and Drupal developers. Content curators spend a few hours a week validating and improving the accuracy of the directory listings read about it here. Any experience level is welcome.

If you’re on the other side of the story and you’d like to connect with others out there to make things happen, post a listing on classifieds.occupy.net.

Let’s connect!  Let’s coordinate! Let’s get it together!

Tags: , , ,

45 Responses

1. Ivy says:

Please forward volunteer info. Thanks so much!!!

• Occupy Together says:

Ivy, if you’re interested in volunteering with the directory you might want to email them directly at directory@occupy.net

You could also join one of their meetings:
      Google+ hangouts happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7pm EST at https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/extras/assembli.es/fga. Meetings typically run 45m and consist of updates, setting priorities, and problem-solving.

They’ll be able to do a better job of letting you know exactly what this work entails.

If you want to respond to a classifieds ad to get more info about a listing, you’ll want to do that through classifieds.occupy.net

Occupy Together isn’t organizing these volunteer efforts, we’re just spreading the word!

OT

2. Cheryl Asvang says:

I would like to volunteer in some way!

3. janice dewdney says:

I will help in whatever way i can….

4. Christopher Tutt says:

IF you all understood what it would actually take without declaring only, “that we are the 99%”, and got a focus on the necessity for unity then I would be in for joining back. When you are taking information through soros and the like it is sad to see such a great movement go towards socialism. YES we need change, major change, but we need to actually get a consensus of ALL the occupy people in order to piece together what the “people” want. Until you do to that I am out. You are basing your movement around small actions and separation between states and people. This movement will ONLY make a difference if there is UNITY across state lines and a COMPLETE common goal. Until you find out what that common goal is and let each person represent what “he/she” wants this movement to be about NOTHING but more suppression is going to come of it. It will just allow them an excuse to impose more police state type laws because of the movement vs actually getting something done. : (

• Sapiens ad Aequilibrium says:

Hey there Christopher; in the meantime while you are not participating in Occupy, I think it would be worth your time to find out about The Venus Project at http://www.thevenusproject.com (Documentary film available)

That project is currently going viral in several countries. What is intended is a Resource Based Economy. All the planet’s resources, are the common heritage of all the world’s people.

5. Bryan says:

I posted a replay with more info. Didnt show up on the reply list. ??

• Occupy Together says:

Also, if you’re talking about Occupy Together’s blog we have a caching script that helps our blog run quicker but means there’s usually a couple minute delay in posts appearing. I think we’re going to be able to figure this out soon especially now that our blog is separate from the site. Thanks for the feedback!

OT

6. Brian says:

Hi Brian here I just wanted to show my support and say if there is anything I can do at all I’d like to know how. My facebook page is Occupy within: A movement in awakening Check it out!

7. Occupy Together says:

Bryan, where did you try to leave a reply? On the #OCCUPY TECH blog? We’ll make sure to alert them and try to connect you.

OT

8. I have a poem, for what is going on.
    Pshhh, we want to win!
    I will tell you whats going on but if we want to winnnnn!
    We must silently watch, No! don’t let them in! play, be smart, with your goal always in mind, don’t overdo it or you will loose. Play on your own, i don’t want to loose. When you fall get back up ring the silent revolution bell and help i think will definitely com.
    But who is for and who is against i think we are many and many more will commence,
    But until then stay put
    Walk! in silence,
    Talk! in distance,
    Do! whats right,
    FOR THE CAUSE!

totally independant, governmentalisciously watched, and ‘private’!
    facebook: peaceful revolution.

stay clean! and i don’t mean drugs!:)

9. [...] connect!  Let’s coordinate! Let’s get it together! Source RELATED NEWSA Virtual Jam at the Apollo starring: President Barack Obama, Al Green and Tina [...]

10. Vеry nice агticle, just ωhat
    ӏ wаnteԁ tο finԁ.

11. Keеρ on ωorking, great jοb!

12. James Malinchak says:

Right away I am going to do my breakfast, later than having my breakfast coming yet again to
    read additional news.

13. HarmonI says:

I’m physically disabled. African american female. Homeschooled all 5 of my offspring to their last year of high school. 3 graduated validictorian and school president their senior year. My Autistic son is a multi-genius… But mentally and emotionally capable of working behind the scenes. Keep me posted for Action.

14. This is certainly acquiring a little much more subjective, but I considerably prefer
    the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has additional flair,
    and a few cool features like Mixview’ that let you rapidly see associated albums, songs, or other end users related to what you are listening to. Clicking on certainly one of these will center on that item, and one more set of “neighbors” will come into view, enabling you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” can be fantastic fun, letting you find other folks with shared tastes and turning out to be friends with them. You then can pay attention to a playlist designed primarily based on an amalgamation of what all of your good friends are listening to, which is also satisfying. Those concerned with privacy will likely be relieved to know it is possible to avert the public from seeing your personalized listening habits should you so pick.

15. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

16. I am sure this article has touched all the internet visitors,
    its really really good post on building up new webpage.

17. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog
    that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

18. What’s up friends, its wonderful paragraph about educationand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

19. Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or
    guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on
    the same information you discuss and would love to have you share
    some stories/information. I know my viewers would value your work.
    If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

20. These are in fact fantastic ideas in on the topic of blogging.
    You have touched some nice points here. Any way keep up wrinting.